Sunday, September 22, 2013

Scoop It - A fast way for teacher's to compile relevant stories for their students!

As a Technology Education Teacher, I'm constantly having to stay up to date on the latest technology in industry.  This school year in my district and the State of Iowa, there is a big push for more technical reading and emphasis on more applied reading in all classrooms.  Many of my textbooks are out of date and they are expensive to replace, so I went looking for a Web 2.0 tool that would efficiently deliver me stories each day that I could distribute to my students.  Scoop It! does exactly that and I've had excellent results in the types of stories that it delivers to me each day.  You can set it up as an app, a browser extension, or just have it email you stories each day.  It's like waiting for the paper every morning, but all the stories are interesting, relevant, and best of all...free.  Feel free to try it out and let me know in the comments if this is something that helps you out!

http://www.scoop.it/

~Jeremy Cooper

1 comment:

  1. Jeremy - Thanks for the Scoop.It information I went out and signed up for it today. It looks like a great resource to gather and deliver relevant information of interest right to your desktop. Thanks again. Kim

    ReplyDelete