Sunday, October 13, 2013

ITEC Conference 2013 - SketchUp in Education

ITEC Conference - SketchUp in Education

It's Sunday afternoon and I'm attending my first ever ITEC Conference.  Now I'm only going to be able to attend a workshop or two, so I'm going to have to make the most of my networking skills.  Looking around the various sessions, they are probably averaging around 10-16 individuals in each.  Right now a few vendors are starting to arrive, but it looks like everything is still getting setup for the next couple of days.

I'm attending the Seth Denney session over how to use SketchUp in the classroom.  Now I will fully admit, I know quite a bit about SketchUp already, but like many people, I taught myself everything.  I like to go to sessions where I think I know a lot, so that I can either confirm that what I know is correct or if I'm completely wrong about everything...

My hope is that during this session, I'm going to learn about some of the more advanced commands and animation that I don't know how to do.  So I will update throughout the afternoon and look forward to expanding my knowledge of SketchUp in the classroom.

SketchUp in Education

Presenter:  Seth Denney

Room:  303

How to Download SketchUp:


SketchUp Pro 2013 Free Licences (Public Schools)

Iowa public schools can sign up for free SketchUp Professional Licenses. About 52,291 licenses in 130 districts have been used since 2009, when this software was called Google SketchUp. The free professional license runs from July 1, 2013 until July 30, 2016. We ask that the district technology director be the contact. A short online form needs to be completed, then you download the software and download the license codes. For private schools, home schools or other educational use, Sketch Up Make is available at no charge.

Technology Directors email vic.jaras@iowa.gov for details on obtaining district license codes (you will be put into the distribution list and receive instructions via direct email)

Resources for Educators:

No comments:

Post a Comment