Sunday, November 10, 2013

Gamification - Using Second Life: Exploring Lionheart Orientation Island

Gamification - Using Second Life: Exploring Lionheart Orientation Island

I started my next adventure in Gamification, by using Second Life and exploring the Lionheart Orientation Island.  Lionheart Orientation Island is essentially a tutorial location that walks you through a structure that has lots of areas with information regarding the basics of Second Life.  There were fairly indepth explanations for things like Navigation, Appearance, Gestures, The Library, Lost and Found, etc.   Basically if you are new to the game, this is a good way to understand many of the basic commands, some of the Second Life jargon, and even how to do a few advanced commands.  I also discovered that it is possible for certain locations to lock out some of your commands.  For example, I've pretty much used the ability to fly so far to get around locations much faster, however in the actual structure of Lionheart Island, I was unable to fly.  Stay tuned as I continue through our 3D Gamelab Quest in exploring Gamification.






1 comment:

  1. I don't know why Lionheart prevented you from flying, but it is an introductory site and maybe it is to reduce the intimidation of newbees.
    Z

    ReplyDelete